Long-Range 2m SSB Nets are ON Wed. Night

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2011
      We have our weekly 2m SSB nets on Wed. night. Everyone is
      welcome to listen along or say hello when it's convenient. The
      nets are informal; the purpose is to create more activity on
      less-used portions of 2 meters.

      ** Please be aware that the 144.240 net with WB9LYH
      as net control, in grid square EN54cl, middle of WI, IS NOW
      STARTING AT 8PM EASTERN UNTIL NEXT SPRING. ** Mark looks at
      MI right away, from 8:00-8:10pm eastern time.

      Want to shoot for a big signal from EM89, south-central
      Ohio? Then tune into K8TQK's net on 144.250, which
      starts at 8:30pm eastern. Bob tends to look to his north/
      northwest right at 8:30pm and again about 9-9:15pm.

      Don't care for nets? Then get on and call your own CQ's.
      Wed. night is probably the most active night on 2m SSB,
      across the eastern half of the USA. Take advantage of
      the bump in activity. Get on, call CQ, swing beams and
      see who's out there.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates
      www.wivuch.com WI VHF/UHF County Hunters Award

      PS: Sometime in the next month or so, I'm going to greatly
      reduce the amount of weekly email I send. Currently, I send
      to 15 different groups in a multi-state area. After 3+ years
      of this, it's time for me to work smarter.

      If you would like to continue receiving weekly emails like
      this one, please do one of two things:

      1) Visit kc9bqa.com once or twice a week. Reading
      thru the latest headlines on about Tuesday/Wednesday
      and again about Friday/Saturday will get you all the latest
      info. If everyone visited the website, I wouldn't need to
      send out email.

      OR...

      2) Email me with the address you would like me to send
      your weekly QST to. Please make sure you include your call
      sign.
      My goal is to make it so I only have to email to 3 or 4
      groups, instead of the current 15 or so.

      I have heard from some of you already and I replied to
      those emails earlier tonight. The changeover will occur
      gradually over the next several weeks.