Fwd: Illinois QSO Party, Sunday, 10/16, Noon - 8 pm

  • Mark Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2011

    ----- Forwarded Message -----
    From: Danny Pease <dpease@...>
    Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 9:14 AM
    Subject: Illinois QSO Party

    The Illinois QSO Party is this weekend, Sunday, 10/16 and I can't think of too many better
    ways to brush up on your operating technique than to get on and make some
    contacts. The ILQP starts at 12:00 noon local time and runs until 8:00 M
    local time.

    More information can be found at http://www.w9awe.org/ILQP2011.html

    I would like to encourage all ARES  stations to get on from their local Red Cross or EMA and exercise the
    equipment, operators and operating procedures. You may want to operate Field
    Day style as well and if so, you might look at operating from a county line
    or multi-county corner, that would make you very popular in the ILQP. Since
    counties are multipliers in this event, it will give you a good idea of how
    well you may or may not be able to communicate with various counties in the
    event of an emergency. As a part of the organizing team and cheerleader for
    the ILQP, I would really like to see all 102 counties activated, but we
    would need many more counties active than are currently scheduled. The
    southern third of the state is pretty sparse when it comes to ham activity,
    so if you live south of I-70, you will be pretty rare and sought after this
    Sunday.

    If you are planning on being on, please drop me an email so I can add you to
    the activity map.

    I know some of you are not contesters and avoid contesting like the plague,
    but it has many benefits for those that do take part, so think of it as a
    "live fire" training exercise.

    Thanks for your time and I hope to work you this weekend.

    Danny Pease NG9R
    ARES EC Adams County
    dpease@...