Ham Nation

  • heavyfistcharlie24
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2011
      For those that don't know about the live streaming (Internet) program, "Ham Nation", here's the link: http://twit.tv/show/ham-nation

      To date, there are 20 one hour long episodes that are archived and can be viewed. "Ham Nation" is hosted by Bob Heil K9EID. He has several co-hosts and guests that include Gordon West WB6NOA, Joe Walsh WB6ACU (Plays guitar for the band "The Eagles"), and Leo Laporte W6TWT who is a new Ham that used to host the popular segment "Tech TV' on television.

      These past episodes include many interesting Ham topics. The 20th episode http://twit.tv/show/ham-nation/20 shows a tour of a MFJ factory in Starkville, Mississippi. It also includes a segment on building a CW transmitter with one part for $1.65.

      Pretty interesting and informative program.

      73,
      - Scott KD8FXF -
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 10, 2011
        Didja see how many of the hosts have lighted call signs by
        some strange guy in Illinois? Not sure of that feller, but the
        lighted call signs are pretty cool. ;-)

        Are they "call signs" ... or "call sign signs" ... ?

        In any case, I think Jim, who makes them, KF4NBG is having fun making them.
        http://www.jimsengraving.com

        ------------------
        Happy Trails.
        ======================= Richards / K8JHR =======================

        On 10/9/2011 15:32, heavyfistcharlie24 wrote:

        the live streaming (Internet) program, "Ham Nation",

      • Al Pepping
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 21, 2011
          Click Me!
          Hey Scott....Back in the land of whatever, wonder how you doing?????    KV8X

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 22, 2011
            Hi Al,

            I'm doing great! It's November 9th that I'm not looking forward to, and not because of the National E.A.S. test. That's the date they go inside me and remove some "parts", and then sew me back up. Hopefully it's all contained and hasn't spread further, or they will have to remove some more of my inner workings. Recovery from the surgery is 6-8 weeks, with a few more months of trying to get back to normal.
            And for those who are waiting and drooling for me to kick off, and are planning on attending my wife's promised big bargain yard sale of all of my "junk", I plan on sticking around for a whole lot more years! Sorry, that Collins KWM-2 and other fine radios won't be available for awhile at her bargain selling price of $15.00 at her yard sale.
            As Arnold said in one of his Terminator movies, "I'll be back".

            - Scott KD8FXF -

            -------------------------------------

            --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Al Pepping" <kv8x@...> wrote:

            > Hey Scott....Back in the land of whatever, wonder how you doing????? KV8X

          • Barbara Lukacs Grob
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 22, 2011
              Here's a good treatment suggestion: lots of lap time for those kitties, and extra petting time with your puppy. Medically proven! And lots of positive thoughts from your friends - and you have those!
              Hi Al,

              I'm doing great! It's November 9th that I'm not looking forward to, and not because of the National E.A.S. test. That's the date they go inside me
              and remove some "parts", and then sew me back up. Hopefully it's all cont ained and hasn't spread further, or they will have to remove some more of m y inner workings. Recovery from the surgery is 6-8 weeks, with a few more months of trying to get back to normal.
              And for those who are waiting and drooling for me to kick off, and are pl anning on attending my wife's promised big bargain yard sale of all of my " junk", I plan on sticking around for a whole lot more years! Sorry, that C ollins KWM-2 and other fine radios won't be available for awhile at her bar gain selling price of $15.00 at her yard sale.
              As Arnold said in one of his Terminator movies, "I'll be back".

              - Scott KD8FXF -

              -------------------------------------

              --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Al Pepping" <kv8x@...> wrote:

              > Hey Scott....Back in the land of whatever, wonder how you doing????? K V8X

              ***
              This message contains parts that can not be recognized or delivered to your device but has been saved on your webmail account. It will be stored there for future access until your webmail account reaches a 5 Megabyte limit at which time it will be deleted. If you have access to a computer and wish to view the complete message please visit https://webmail.earthlink.net and enter your MailStation e-mail address and password.
            • heavyfistcharlie24
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 22, 2011
                Hey Barb,

                They can sit anywhere but my lap/stomach area - ouch! It will be hard to keep them off my lap, but they all will stay close.
                How did you end up on your code course? I was planning on being in the next class that Kirk KO8Z is going to teach, but I might have to put it on hold.
                Watching the World Series right now. I like the Cardinals. This third game finally heated up in the 4th inning when the Rangers got hot, and are coming back, now trailing the Cardinals by 3 runs in the 5th inning.
                Back to the game.
                Thanks for the positive thoughts.

                - Scott KD8FXF -