GRARA Meetring, Friday, October 7, 7 p.m.

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2011
      All Amateur Radio Operators in and around Greater Grand Rapids are
      invited to the Next Membership Meeting is Friday, October 7, 2011 at the
      Red Cross Building, , 1050 Fuller Avenue NE., Grand Rapids, Michigan.
      (If you're coming via I-196, be aware that construction at Fuller Avenue
      interchange may still be blocking that exit.

      We start gathering around 6:30 p.m., and the meeting starts at 7:00 p.m.

      There will be a DVD presentation entitled "Do you really understand what
      your SWR meter is telling you?" It will answer questions such as "Does
      SWR really matter? Does a high SWR mean large signal losses? Does
      'antenna tuner' really tune your antenna?"

      We have a video with easy-to-understand explanation of SWR on
      transmission lines. Salient Parts of this video will be presented at the
      meeting this Friday night. Hope to see you there.

      John, W8QZ, Program chair & Off-Air-Director