432/440 MHz Sprint + K8TQK 2m Net *ON* Wed. Night

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2011
      Friendly reminder that Wed. night is the Fall 432 Sprint.
      The Hepburn Forecast Tropo maps look reasonable for this
      time of year. I think there will be band enhancement. Television DX'ers, for instance, were watching 300-400 mile DX overnight.
      Let's hope there will be a great opening.

      Bottom line, you'll never know what the band conditions are
      like unless you get on, call CQ and find out for yourself.

      It's always more fun when more signals are on the air.
      Help spread the word today and tomorrow, and let's enjoy
      ourselves.

      Most of the sprint activity will be in USB mode, and take
      place on or very near 432.100 MHz, using horizontally-
      polarized yagis. Some areas may have FM'ers calling CQ
      up near 446.000.
      More sprint details are available at www.svhfs.org.

      K8TQK will also be on 144.250 Wed. night with his
      weekly long-range net. Bob's in EM89je, far south-central
      OH. Gets out a long, long ways and enjoys hearing from
      DX. His 144.250 net starts at 0030Z/8:30pm eastern. He
      looks north to start, and then goes clockwise a full 360 over
      the next hour or so.

      The 144.240 net will be OFF this Wed. WB9LYH is
      away and I am going to concentrate on the 432 sprint.

      More detail about the Wed. nets are always available at
      kc9bqa.com.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates