Packet net answer

  • paul
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2006
      Thank you for the confirmation on what I thought the law was in regards
      to a "non ham" assisting in a equip.test.Transmitting is transmitting
      by what ever means.Thats why I ask the experts.

      73 KD8CBJ
    • Andrew Young
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2006
        Can you elaborate? I wasn't on the net.

        Thank you for the confirmation on what I thought the law was in regards
        to a "non ham" assisting in a equip.test.Transmitting is transmitting
        by what ever means.Thats why I ask the experts.

        73 KD8CBJ

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • KD8CBJ@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2006
          My question was,can a nonham(xyl)assist in an equipment test?Example,packet test,me being mobile,xyl in the lab at my rig/computer.Can she hit the enter key sending mobile me somthing?And/or do I have to be in "physical control"of my equipment?  Answers I got.Yes to being there in person(exceptions -remote control application)No to her pushing enter key.Be it smoke signals,or typing in RUN,transmitting is transmitting
        • KD8CBJ@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2006
            Mark,My post was answering a questing some one posed to me about the packet net,but thank you

                                                                                                      KD8CBJ
          • Bill Fries
            Message 5 of 8 , May 6, 2006

              All:

              The Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council is encouraging area amateurs to drop by and see our club in action.  You are invited!  We have a special program on tap for our June 1 meeting that you will just love.  Jim Weaver, K8JE and our Great Lakes Division director for our ARRL will be the featured speaker.

              For this event we are encouraging all our members to attend and visit with Jim.  And our members are encouraged to bring along another ham.  We are looking forward to having the clubhouse filled to the brim with hams.  Won’t that be a sight!

              If you are struggling with the choice of who to invite then drop me or Bob, KC8VTX a quick phone call or e-mail.  He is found at jmdupie@...  He has an extensive list of folks who have been members of the club and are not now active.  You can surely find a ham contact on the list to invite for this opportunity.  Or go on the internet and search for a local ham in the call book.  We have a wonderful association and our friends in the amateur radio community will love hearing about our fun loving group.

              Maybe you just want to drop by, unaccompanied, to our meeting?  That is encouraged, also.  And this meeting will be the one to make.  I'm hoping that the weather is cooperating because we just might have to hold the meeting outside and give our sound system a real work out!  Now that will be a sight!

              If you don't know what a call book is or if you need a little nudge then drop me a note.  Hams helping hams is the name of the game.  And being a good ham you really should not claim a case of mic fright.  Let us gather our old friends, our new friends, other ham's friends, and we'll make some new friends.  Radio is fun.  Let's encourage radio around here in Western Michigan.

              See you and your friends there!

              Bill, AB8SC

              President of the MAARC

            • Bill Fries