Great V/UHF Bands Lately + Wed. 2m SSB Nets + ARRL UHF Contest This Weekend

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2011
      Lots of DX being worked the past several weeks, and esp.
      the past few days. Band conditions in the hot/humid air mass
      have been strongly enhanced.

      We'll see if the bands stay hot for our weekly nets tomorrow
      night. If you think of it, let others know when we're on -- us net
      controls definitely like to work DX, too. That concept works
      both ways. We encourage our check-ins to get on the air
      at any old time, to call CQ, swing the yagis and stir up activity.

      I pitch in for WB9LYH this week. Mark is NOT available
      for the 144.240 net. Look toward EN63ao (40 miles north of Milwaukee) for the 144.240 net which starts at 0100Z/9pm eastern. I start out looking north, and then go clockwise over the next 60-90 minutes. Usually past MI by about 9:10-20 your time.

      K8TQK kicks things off on 144.250 at 0030Z/8:30pm
      eastern. He's in EM89je, far south-central OH. Bob's been
      having all kinds of fun with the good band conditions. He starts
      out north, then goes clockwise a full 360 over the next hour or so.

      KA0KYZ has the 144.230 net at 0200Z/10pm eastern.
      Terry's in EN33qw, far SE MN. Terry starts out looking NE
      and E, then goes clockwise in a full 360. Terry's been having a
      lot of fun getting going on VHF, and the later start time for his
      net means the bands should improve as the night goes along.
      There's always more info about our nets and other Midwest
      on-air activity at kc9bqa.com.

      *The ARRL UHF Contest is THIS WEEKEND.*
      Runs 24 hours, from 2pm eastern on Sat. until 2pm on Sunday.
      All bands from 222 and 432 MHz on up thru the microwaves
      are in play. If conditions are anything like they have been lately,
      it'll be a memorable UHF contest.
      Visit kc9bqa.com if you want more info.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee