Thank you to all hams for your help in making our community's safer

  • Don Meyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2011
      Thank you to all the hams that come out to help make events in our west Michigan community’s run better and safer though communications.
       Thank you to the hams that came out this past weekend to help with the YMCA 2k,5K,and fun runs, and the Coast Guard Family Parade. Everything went very well working with Grand Haven Public Safety, North Ottawa Hospital EMR, and the new CERT members we were able to make all these events very safe for participants, viewers and the community. These events not only give us a chance to make them safe, but give us a chance to practice interfacing with emergency management incase we would ever have a major disaster event.
      Attached is an email I received from Sgt. Bo of GHPS in response for our help in Saturdays Coast Guard Events. Thanks for your help Don KB8ODB

      Donald Meyer - KB8ODB

      Assistant Coordinator of volunteers of  North Ottawa Amateur Radio Club Working with Public Safety to make a safer community in the Ferrysburg, Grand Haven and Spring Lake Area

      EOC Assistant Amateur Radio in Ottawa County

      e-mail:kb8odb@...

      Hi Don,
      Just wanted to send you a quick e-mail “Thank you” to you and all the members of the Amateur radio Club. We could not have pulled off these events without all your help. You all did a great job.
      Thank you.
      Have a great rest of the summer.
      Glenn