Re: [WestMichiganHams] Re: Are U a military veteran?? American Legion Ham Radio Club info ....

  • mapscenes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2011
      Thanks AC8AL .... and thanks for your service!  A visit to QRZ.com may show how we have some things in common, service wise.  I too hope the VFW & DAV consider authorizing such a group, from the highest levels of their organization.  We can only hope.  Meanwhile, take care!!

      73

      W8DMZ

      In a message dated 06/21/11 15:10:40 Eastern Daylight Time, ravennaelectronics@... writes:

      I belong to the Navy Amateur Radio Club and it is great to be able to chat with other veterans and especially to old military friends that I served with. I am glad to see a national VSO (Veterans Service Organization). This is a great idea. I wish more VSOs would do this. Maybe someday the VFW, VVA, DAV, MOPH, etc. will also start on this. I did propose a amateur radio club to the DAV chapter that my wife and I belong to. Someday it may happen when the timing for it is right.

      Best regards,
      Rich "Doc" AC8AL
      U.S. Navy Retired