2m Nets Wed. + VHF Contest This Weekend

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2011
      Every Wed. night, we have multiple 2m SSB nets for you to
      monitor or say hello to. This week's net details are easy to
      access at www.kc9bqa.com, the very top post.

      The following info may seem very basic to experienced
      VHF'ers. I pass it along in case any of you want to share it
      with hams who might be VHF-curious. We need to try
      harder to keep our bands active. Thanks for listening. A
      special thanks to those of you who have helped put new
      VHF'ers on the air.

      This weekend is the first major VHF contest of the season.
      The ARRL June VHF QSO Party starts at 1pm central time on
      Saturday and runs 33 hours until 10pm Sunday. A VHF contest
      is the single-most active time on V/UHF bands like 50, 144, 432
      and 222 MHz. If you want a taste of the action, I have a variety
      of links that will help you.

      The ARRL rules are at http://www.arrl.org/june-vhf-qso-party

      Summer is the best time of year for openings and DX on the
      VHF bands. A summer V/UHF contest calendar is here:
      http://kc9bqa.com/?p=4624

      Want to see how we help drum up more activity in a contest?
      Visit this link for a Google spreadsheet that details dozens of
      stations that will be on. Add your own plans, by all means.
      http://kc9bqa.com/?p=4802

      You might worry that you have no idea how to "do" a
      VHF/UHF contest. That's a valid concern. It's one I had 8
      years ago, when I was just getting on the air. To help hams
      everywhere get comfortable, I have written a series of articles
      I call VHF Contesting School. I broke them down into bite-
      sized pieces. Check the articles out at this link:
      http://kc9bqa.com/?p=4676
      Those articles are designed to get you comfortable with
      trying a VHF contest, even if you have no experience. Give
      them a read and see if it captures your interest. You are free
      to share any of the above info with hams everywhere. We can
      always use more signals on the VHF/UHF bands.

      Enjoy, 73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates
      www.wivuch.com WI VHF/UHF County Hunter Awards
    • wd8usa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2011
        Hi there! Just to let you know I was on 220 tonight- No response to my calls- But OH well, So be it! At leasdt I was there and will try to be for most tuesdays- Hope to hear you on 2 Wed- JB

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 8, 2011
          "220...221. Whatever it takes.."  :)

                          ol curmedgeon tom k8tb