calling cq

  • pobox740
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2011
      kb8afs calling cq on 28.400 usb
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2011
        Hi Tim!

        Since it's been a while since 10 has been open (like too many years) you may want to give a bit of a heads up here on the reflector before announcing a CQ.  For example, 'tomorrow at 6 pm I will be calling CQ on 28.400 USB and would love to hear from you'.  That's just an example, but by the time most people on the reflector see an improptu post it may be too late.  Some people only check their e-mail once a day or less.

        I just don't want you to think we are ignoring you.  :)

        I don't have a 10 meter antenna up but will soon.  If I did I would have given you a call or listened to see (hear) if you were still there or not.

        I hope you made some good contacts.

          The key thing to remember is that even though you might not hear anything on 10 mtrs that does not mean it is not open some where!
          You have to put a signal out and call CQ- Never know what might turn up!

            Reports heard on the air that 6 meters recently opened to the pacific from US mainland, and KH6 stations worked.  Check those beacons too !!!  That's why they are out there...... KV8X

            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2011
              I noticed your post about 18 hours late. Some guys get on 28.375
              often in the morning and they are all local. Michigan City, New Buffalo
              St. Joe and talk. Occasionally someone from Texas or Louisiana or anyplace will come in because they heard us, and usually we are on low power because of being close.
              That happened recently and I talked with a guy in Arizona with 35 watts. 10 can be open and we don't know it.
              73
              Bill AB9QU
              Michigan City