Re: [WestMichiganHams] 220 band

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2011

      "Canadian and U.S. use of this spectrum would be harmonized and would result in a common North American radio equipment market."

      How is that supposed to happen?  I don't see the FCC and IC getting together on this and I don't see where the FCC would make any changes to our allocations based upon what IC has done.

      Perhaps IC is going to 'harmonize' their plan to fit ours.  Or, the statement is total phoey.

      If IC had cooperated with the FCC over some long running and substantial complaints (like death threats) the FCC just may feel the need to cooperate right back.  But, that hasn't happened and if I were the FCC I would tell IC to go stick it.

      From: Mark <k8mhz@...>
      To: WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:18 AM

      The new rules are being proposed for Canada by Industry Canada.  We don't have to follow them here in the US and can't even comment on the change unless we also hold a Canadian license.

      Industry Canada has little use for amateur radio and refuses to enforce rules that are being violated there.  There is a ham in Vancouver that has made death threats over the air to American officials, been recorded several times and Industry Canada won't even acknowledge the problem, let alone fix it.

      I really don't have much use for Industry Canada.

      There is a thread on QRZ about the subject.  There should be some comments from our Canadian friends about the ruling.

      Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:27 PM

      How does the new narrow band FM rules effect the Amateurs? On 2 mtrs I don't think it does but on 70 cm?