FYI: Ryobi 2000W inverter-generator $599

  • Alan Beagley
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2011
      I have no idea how good these are, and there don't yet seem to be any
      user reviews, but somebody might be willing to give one a try.

      http://www.ryobitools.com/promotions/138

      Sold only by Home Depot.

      I have no financial interest either in Ryobi or in Home Depot.

      Alan NV8A
    • Al Pepping
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2011
        HI   Alan.....
                I'm always looking at generators so this perked my interest. I have other Ryobi tools and they are a good product . I also do not work or Home Depot or have Ryobi stock.   But there is one problem with inverter Gen set technology and that is RF noise produced by the inverter electronics.  Some units are worse than others, even the Honda Inverter Gen sets product noticeable RF hash in ham receivers....and the noise is broadband in nature on some units.

        For 99 percent of the people using inverter Gen sets, this would not be an issue,  but if you plan on using one of the inverter units for hamming, you may want to check out how quiet they are in your receiver.   Just my 2 cents worth.\

                                                                                                                                Al...KV8X