Sunny and warm for Saturday's first fox hunt of 2011

  • W8DER
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2011
      Fox Hunters,

      Would you believe it?  We can look forward to perfect weather for Saturday's first FOX HUNT of 2011.  Bill Steffen is projecting a sunny day with the temperature in the high 60's.

      Or fox team, Chuck, AJ8W and James, K8JHR must have a special arrangement with Mother Nature.  Let's see if they can hide as well as they choose super Saturdays.  This will be a two-fox hunt among the fields of Jenison/Hudsonville.  What a fantastic kick-off for our summer of challenging hidden transmitter hunting.

      I hope you will be joining us on the corner of Port Sheldon and 28th Avenue for the start at 9:30 am.  Look for Jim Leys, KD8CAN, our official starter.  He will need you odometer reading and your trip meter reading as well as the name of each team member.

      Yes, this is a 2 fox hunt!  Check the rules on the web site.  You can find either fox  first and then the other.  Odometer readings will be taken at the post race meeting "joint".  (meeting place will posted by each fox and announced on the air.)

      For more information pse check the http://www.MichiganFoxHunter.com web site.

      I am READY!  See you there.

      Mike, W8DER, for MichiganFoxHunter.com