Re: [WestMichiganHams] Kenwood TM-741A problem

  • John Wehmer (WB9JSR)
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
      Thanks for the input Mark.  The unit is used only in the mobile and I have not noticed the problem having anything to do low voltage.  I usually turn the unit off after I turn the engine off and turn it back on after I start the engine.  I have done a reset of the 2 meter module.  There may be a complete reset for all 3 modules, I¬íll have to check that out.

      73 John WB9JSR

      K8MHZ <k8mhz@...> wrote:
      John,

      It's a Kenwood thing.

      You may want to try doing a factory reset.  You will loose ALL of your memory settings, but it does work on Kenwoods sometimes.  My TM-V7A used to do it until a factory reset was done.

      Kenwoods also do not like low voltage, even when off!  Have you noticed this happening when you have a low battery or power supply voltage?  None is far better than low to a Kenwood.

      Good luck, next time buy an Icom or a Yeasu!

      Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 5:14 PM
      Subject: [WestMichiganHams] Kenwood TM-741A problem

      My mobile, a Kenwood TM-741A, has an ongoing intermittent problem.  Every once in a while, the 2-meter section loses its memory.  The 70cm and 6m sections never have done this.  The problem only happens when I turn the unit on, never while using it.  The time period between hiccups is several weeks to several months.  Does anyone have any ideas?
      73
      John WB9JSR