HR 607 idea

  • Hal Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2011

      Hello Everyone,

      I did the letter that is described further below that  Jim Weaver put out a week or two back.

      It is really easy to use and as we all hope it will have some impact.

      To add to this I received a letter from Fred Upton that he is having a “Listening tour” maybe you got a card in the mail also.

      It would be great if we could rally up and have hams attending each of Fred’s events and speak up about our opposition to the current form of HR607.

      Fred’s Listening tour is as follows:

      Tuesday March 22nd

      Galesburg 8:00 a.m.

      Portage      10:00 a.m.

      Kalamazoo 12:00 Noon

      Plainwell     2:00 P.M.

      Wayland  4:00 P.M.

      Allegan    6:00 P.M.

      Wednesday  March 23

      New Buffalo  8:00 A.M.

      Niles                10:00 A.M.

      Edwardsburg Noon

      Dowagiac   2:00 P.M.

      Decatur      4:00 P.M.

      Stevensville  6:00 P.M.

      Thursday March 24

      South Haven  8:00 A.M.

      Coloma     10:00 A.M.

      Paw Paw   Noon

      Three Rivers  2:00 P.M.

      Centreville  4:00 P.M.

      Sturgis  6:00 P.M.

      From: Donald Eikhoff <
      doneikhoff@...>
      Date: Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 5:59 PM
      Subject: Fwd: [OH-KY-IN] Fw: [pr:11401] HR-607 letter option
      To: Art Snapper <
      ART@...>

      This is pretty slick and makes it really easy to sent letters.  Pass it along if you feel like.

      Don

      From: "Pitts, Allen W1AGP" <
      w1agp@...>
      To: <
      pr@...>
      Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:50:44 -0400
      Subject: [pr:11401]  HR-607 letter option

      Richard Haltermon, KD4PYR, has created a website that makes it very easy
      to develop a letter for your Congressional representative regarding
      HR-607 (the bill that would sell off 420-440 MHz).

      This is as easy as it gets folks!  Just enter your callsign and it does
      the rest.

      Bill Morine, N2COP, writes:
      “...we used Jim Weaver’s software
      http://www.kd4pyr.net/hamletter.htm
      to generate HR607 letters this past weekend at the Charlotte Hamfest, and
      it worked wonderfully.”

      Please get this info out to clubs and groups.
      http://www.kd4pyr.net/hamletter.htm

      Send then to:
                                      John Chwat
                                      Chwat & Co.
                                      625 Slaters Lane
                                      Suite 103
                                      Alexandria, VA 22314

      Allen Pitts, W1AGP
      Media & PR Manager
      ARRL - the national association for Amateur Radio
      225 Main St.  Newington, CT 06111
      (860) 594-0328
      www.ARRL.org