A direct threat to our Amateur Radio spectrum

  • Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2011
          Hello everyone,

      > At the request of ARRL President Kay Craigie, N3KN, we
      are
      > asking ARRL
      > members to contact their local Representative
      asking them

      href="http://www.arrl.org/sample-letters">http://www.arrl.org/sample-letters you
      > will find resource
      > tools to assist you in your letter
      writing.  These
      > include:

        A sample letter opposing HR 607
      > in its current form

              A link to the ARRL Webpage that
      > gives the
      ARRL member the
      > contact information for their Members of
      Congress
      >         A link to information
      sending
      > their letters to our Washington
      > lobbyist to hand-deliver
      to Capitol Hill

      > A couple of key points to remember when
      discussing our
      > opposition to HR
      > 607:

            We understand and support the
      > principle that Public
      Safety and
      > First responders should have the D-Block frequencies.

              Our opposition to the bill
      > stems from the
      inclusion of the
      > 420-440 MHZ Amateur allocation as part of the
      proposed
      > "frequency
      > swap".
      >

      > Time is of the essence on this request, as
      the bill is
      > gathering steam
      > in Congress.

            Once you have finished editing
      > your letter, we
      request that you
      &
      > Co.  This allows
      > your letter to be hand-delivered to
      the appropriate
      > legislative offices
      > without a lengthy
      delay.  It takes between 6 and 8
      > weeks for letters
      > mailed
      through the regular US mail to clear security
      > screening off-site

      before being delivered to Congressional office.

      > By US Mail
      - Send to:
      > John Chwat
      > Chwat &
      Co.
      > 625 Slaters Lane
      > Suite 103
      > Alexandria, VA
      22314

      also send a signed letter via email to:  arrl@...

      > Due to
      the urgency of this matter, I would recommend that
      > you either

      send it by Fax or E-mail as this would be faster.

      > Thanks and
      73
      .