Contests this weekend

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12 9:46 AM
      There are a bunche of contests going on this weekend.  Take your pick.l  Looketh like you could run Louisiana, OMISS, and New Hampshire in one swell foop.  Both Silly Side Band and Corn Whiskey are permissible in each of these.

      If you want some "real" fun, look @ the rules for the North American Sprint, Silly Side Band version.  I tried the Corn Whiskey version last week, and it was a real challenge with 100 or so stations crammed into 15 KHz between 7025 and 7040 (two other contests were going on in other parts of the band), especially since I had my rig cranked down to <5 watts!  If one were to use 100 watts or more, plus having the entire Phone band in which to operate, one probably could make a respectable showing.

      Louisiana QSO Party CW/SSB
      Feb 12, 1500Z - Feb 13 0300Z Rules http://laqso.w5yl.org

      OMISS QSO Party
      CW/SSB Feb 12, 1500Z - Feb 13 1500Z  Rules: http://www.omiss.info