Wed. 2m SSB Long-Range Net Lineup

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2011
      Every Wednesday night, we promote widespread 2m SSB
      activity. If the idea of working guys 100, 200 miles or farther
      away on 2m interests you, then Wed. is your night for radio fun.
      You need horizontally-polarized antennas up high in the clear
      (preferably yagis of at least 7 elements or longer) and decent
      feedline to make the most miles.
      If you are not available on Wed. nights, there are many other
      net options in the Upper Midwest. Spend a few minutes at
      kc9bqa.com and scroll back a page or three to study all the
      possibilities. Or monitor the call freq. of 144.200 in your spare
      time and see if you hear random activity. Better yet, make a few
      CQ's on 144.200 because typically 10 guys are "just listening"
      for every 1 who will actually put a signal on the air.

      Tonight we have KA0KYZ from EN33 (near Rochester, MN)
      on 144.230, starting at 0045Z or 7:45pm eastern (looking east,
      then going clockwise) and WB9LYH from EN54 (near WI Rapids)
      on 144.240, starting at 0100Z, or 8pm eastern, looking northeast
      and going clockwise. All are welcome; only purpose is to increase
      activity on the bands.

      As always, expanded information is available at kc9bqa.com.
      Think of it as your VHF newspaper for a wide area of the Midwest
      and Great Lakes. Read the paper a few times each week, and
      you're all caught up.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates