ARRL VHF Contest Jan 22-23

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2011
      The ARRL Jan VHF Sweepstakes are from 2pm on Sat., Jan. 22 until 11pm on Sun., Jan. 23rd. VHF contests are the one time that bands like 50, 144, 222 and 432 MHz have widespread activity. We can always use more contesters and you are invited to join in.
      To help you, I have 3 posts worth reading at kc9bqa.com. They were made on Jan. 6th. Of special interest will be the series of articles I call VHF Contesting School. The articles are designed to get a beginner started in the right direction. If your only experience with radio contesting is on HF, let me assure you that the pace on VHF is slower and friendlier, plus you have plenty of room to operate. Tell your buddies and get on the air.

      If you are in a hurry, here's the direct link to VHF Contesting School. http://kc9bqa.com/?p=2641 The other Jan 6th blog posts I mentioned contain links to the ARRL rules, so visit kc9bqa.com.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates