Wed 2m SSB Nets + ARRL VHF Contest Jan 22-23

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2011
      Every week, good guys are helping to provide guaranteed activity on 2m SSB. Stop by and say hello, or simply listen along if you're not ready to check in yet. All are welcome. These net controls have very strong signals -- don't automatically assume you won't hear any activity. (Rubber duckies won't cut it -- horizontal yagis with a clear horizon are optimum.)

      This Wednesday we have KA0KYZ in grid square EN33, far SE MN. Terry is on 144.230 MHz, starting at 0045Z, or 7:45pm eastern time. He points his (horizontal) yagis east to start, then rotates them clockwise (or SE, S, SW, W, NW, N and NE) as he calls frequently for check-ins.
      We also have WB9LYH in grid square EN54, middle of WI. Mark is on 144.240 MHz, starting at 0100Z, or 8pm eastern time. He starts out looking northeast, then rotates his stacked 17B2's (again, horizontal) clockwise over the next 60-90 minutes.
      If you want helpful hints and suggestions regarding these nets, visit the 2nd half of this post: http://kc9bqa.com/?p=3984.

      Also want you readers to know the ARRL Jan VHF Sweepstakes are from 2pm on Sat., Jan. 22 until 11pm on Sun., Jan. 23rd. VHF contests are the one time that bands like 50, 144, 222 and 432 MHz have widespread activity. We can always use more contesters and you are invited to join in. Stand by for a separate post about this.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates
      www.wivuch.com WI VHF/UHF County Hunters Award