OCEC Meetings

  • ocec_hr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2011
      Hello,

      Just wanted to let everyone know that OCEC (Ottawa County Emergency Communications) will have some training opportunities coming up in January and February that will be open to all hams in the area.

      January 13th: We will have Joseph Bell from Kent co. in to refresh us on our NTS Training (National Traffic System). This is something that we should be familiar with. This training will be put in to your Training Record if you an OCEC member.

      February 10th: Joe Kannucan will provide a class on Utility Line Identification. This class will refresh our awareness and understanding of issues we face during storm spotting or any time you may encounter downed power or other utility lines.

      Both of these classes will be held in the EOC training room, which is in the lower level of the Fillmore St. Complex
      12220 Filmore st. West Olive, Mi 49460

      I am opening both of these classes up to our local hams that would like to attend. If you have any questions please email me at ocecdec@...

      Thanks, Jason MacKay
      Deputy Emergency Coordinator