Re: [WestMichiganHams] Any Muskegon/Holland area GENERAL classes forthcoming?

  • Megan Heyl
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2010
      Holland Amateur Radio Club will begin General Classes in January.
      If interested in signing up - please contact our education committee at KF8EV@...
      Cost of the class is $20 and you will need a book (which we can order for you)
      Classes will be held at the American Red Cross Building.
      Class will conclude with VE testing.
      Date / Time yet to be firmed up.
      Megan
      WO0MEG
      President HARC

      On Nov 10, 2010, at 8:36 AM, mapscenes wrote:

      subject, as above.  Hopefully.

      thanks!

      k8mic

      In a message dated 11/10/10 08:04:55 Eastern Standard Time, sprinkies@... writes:

      V/UHF bands have been enhanced in the Great Lakes for
      much of the last 3-4 days. It's been especially strong the last two
      nights into the morning hours. Activity has been low.
      Tonight, we take advantage of that enhancement by adding
      strong signals to the bands. What good is enhancement without
      widespread on-air activity?
      Further details are always available at kc9bqa.com. It's your
      VHF/UHF newspaper. Spend a minute or two reading the
      paper and you're all caught up.

      Tonight we have:
      144.230 @ 0045Z or 6:45pm central/7:45pm eastern
      KA0KYZ Terry in EN33 -- southeast Minnesota.
      Starts out looking east, goes clockwise a full 360.
      ** MI/OH/IN stations note that KA0KYZ works W8BYA
      in EN70 on a 440 mile path just about anytime.**

      144.240 @ 0100Z or 7pm central/8pm eastern
      WB9LYH Mark in EN54 -- central Wisconsin.
      Starts out looking northeast, goes clockwise a full 360.

      144.250 @ 0130Z or 7:30pm central /8:30pm eastern
      K8TQK Bob in EM89 -- southern Ohio.
      Starts out looking north, goes clockwise a full 360.

      All 3 of these net controls make contacts in that 400-500
      mile range, with flat bands. Very grateful that they've come on
      board and are helping improve VHF.

      Even if nets don't interest you, take advantage of the fact that
      dozens of guys are on. We encourage you to look around on
      144.220 and below, just like we encourage our net check-ins to
      do the same. Wednesdays are becoming "can't-miss" nights to
      be on 2 meters.

      Of course, we also encourage you to visit the free, real-time
      chat at www.on4kst.com. We use the IARU Region 2 Chat for
      144/432 MHz, and it's a great tool for helping you make more
      on-air contacts. 7 simple instructions for signing up are right on
      my website -- front page.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates