144 MHz Long-Range Nets ON Tonight -- Details Below

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2010
      Wednesday has become an exciting night for longer-range VHF communications. Many of you have 2m SSB with your all-bands-in-one-box rigs. Get a horizontally-polarized antenna to maximize your range and hear what you've been missing.

      Best net option (we now have 3) for Lower MI is WB9LYH in EN54 (middle of WI)on 144.240, starting at 8pm eastern now. The earlier start time is in effect until next spring.
      You may also hear activity on 144.230 from KA0KYZ in EN33 SE MN, or on 144.250 now from K8TQK in EM89, Southern OH. Of course, we hope other fellows will call their own CQ's on 144.220 or lower. The overall goal is to make the 2m band active on Wednesdays.

      More detail is always available at kc9bqa.com. Think of it as your VHF/UHF Newspaper. Read the newspaper a few times per week and you're up to speed.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates