Presentation at GRARA Meeting Tonite! October 1 7 p.m.

  • n8xxham
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      FYI,  Everyone is invited to the Meeting tonight of the Grand Rapids ARA.  We will be having an excellent presentation by the Civil Air Patrol's Search & Rescue Team.

      Address is 1050 Fuller, Grand Rapids MI.  Directions and a detailed map can be found at w8dc.org

      Hope to CU there!

      73 de n8xx Hg

      Sent:
      Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:03 PM
      To:
      OnSite; OffSite
      Subject:
      Demo of APPP (CAP SARIM) - Friday, 1 October 2010 @ 7 PM - Grand Rapids Amateur Radio Association

      Hello All

      We will be doing a demo of the APPP (CAP SARIM, Civil Air Patrol Search and Rescue Imaging Module) at a meeting of the Grand Rapids Amateur Radio Association Friday night at 7 PM.

      Anyone who would like to attend is welcome, details (location and directions) can be found at the following web page:

      http://www.w8dc.org/

      The goal of the meeting is show the progress of the CAP SARIM development and to enlist their assistance in the next phase of the project which is to develop long range transmission capacities for the CAP SARIM system. There ATV (Amateur Radio Television) repeater system would be an ideal system for the CAP SARIM to interface to for its intended mission of Search and Rescue, and Emergency Disaster Damage Assessment.

      More details on ATV can be found at the following web pages:

                  K8DMR – Local ATV Repeater run by Grand Rapids Amateur Radio Association

               http://www.w8dc.org/grr_tech_corner/atv.htm

                  Wikipedia – ATV web page, background information
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_television

      Keith has the prototype system up and running at his disk, if you would like to stop by and see it.

      Thanks for your time and support.