2 Meter Fall Sprint Tonight -- Monday -- 7-11pm your local time

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2010
      If you enjoy activity on 2m SSB, then tonight's your night.
      There will be multiple stations on from WI and N ILL and I'm sure
      from MI, too.

      80-90% of VHF/UHF contesting activity takes place on the SSB portions of the bands (talking 144.160-144.240, with more activity centered closer to 144.200 MHz) using horizontally-polarized
      antennas -- typically directional yagis for maximum gain. If contesting interests you, that's where you want to go with your station. Well -- not just contesting, but for general ragchewing
      and working band openings. On Sat. morning, TN stations were working 1000-mile paths into the Northeast on/near 144.200 MHz.

      If you're FM-only, then you want to use 146.550 tonight. I'm sure if you CQ for a while, it'll get the ball rolling.

      If you want more info about the fall sprints, all the relevant
      info is easily found at kc9bqa.com.

      I also will try to help anyone with questions via email.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates
      www.wivuch.com WI VHF/UHF County Hunters Award