South bound I-75 trip

  • pobox740
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2010
      Hello to all.
      I am planning a trip to Florida to visit with family, an am interested in makeing a few contacts on my way down.
      I will be calling "CQ" on 28.490 USB at the following dates and times...
      9/7 @ 17:30
      9/7 @ 20:30
      9/8 @ 06:30
      9/8 @ 09:30
      9/8 @ 12:30
      9/8 @ 17:30
      All times are EST
      My call is KB8AFS
      The rig is a Radio Shack HTX-10, 25W pep, 1/4 wave mag mount ant.
      For a special "South bound I-75 trip" QSL card, pleas send me a QSL card to my home QTH if we make contact.
      Or, if you just herd me.
      TNX
      Timothy kb8afs

      Timothy Courtier kb8afs
      10431 neptune
      Rockford, M.I.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2010
        Greetings neighbor:

        I live in Wyoming, Michigan, and will listen for you on the 10 m dipole
        I am constructing this week. Do you work the local IRA repeater system
        ? Maybe we can make contact before then... and maybe instead on 10 M if
        you need to test out your gear and antenna setup before traveling.

        On another front... you nay contact me off list about joining our Friday
        Lunch Bunch... assuming you could make a luncheon meeting of local hams
        on the Near South Side (Town and Country Plaza area) on Fridays...

        On 8/29/2010 8:49 AM, pobox740 wrote:

        planning a trip to Florida ---- interested in makeing a few contacts on
        my way down.