Wednesday Night FoxHunt at the Grand Rapids Red Cross Parking Lot.

  • mike@w8der.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19 1:10 PM
      Fox Hunters,

      We would like to remind you of the area fox hunt being held at the Grand Rapids Amateur Radio Association (GRARA) on Wednesday Night at 7:00 PM.

      We have done a lot of work setting this hunt up to be the best run hunt of the season.  We hope you will agree.  We have done test
      transmissions and practices to be sure everything runs smoothly and everyone has fun.  We have even added a "Safety Communicator" to
      help with any situations that may come up.  Rich Ranta, K8JX of the MARA club will be monitoring the GRARA W8DC 2-meter repeater to handle your questions.  Rich will be at a fixed location and have a phone link to the fox.  But remember, only the fox can hand out hints on 145.530 Mhz.

      However, the fox  -- Bob Robinson, KD8HNF, is getting a little jumpy.  He has instructed me to tell everyone that it is expressly against the rules to shoot the fox, chain him to a tree or duct-tape him to his antenna mast or otherwise restrain him from completing his task.
      I can't understand why he is nervous, we did all solve those riddle hints -- didn't we?

      We may have to talk about this at the post-hunt water hole.  :-)

      Information is on the GRARA Website at:  http://www.w8dc.org and the Michigan Fox Hunter website at:
      http://www.MichiganFoxHunter.Com  .  The general rules are on the http://www.FoxHuntRules.com  website.  Special exception rules
      will be given out before the hunt at the Red Cross.

      This looks like a lot of fun.

      See you there....

    • M E