Fwd: Central States VHF Society Conference, July 22 - 25, St. Louis, MO

  • Mark Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2010

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Ken Boston [mailto:kboston@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 5:49 PM
      To: jbest@...; w9awe@...; k9tms@...; info@...;
      novaraw9rv@...; w9va@...; boardmembers@...; n9wro@...
      Subject: VHF conference, please post to members

      Hello to all Radio Amateurs;

      I just want to extend an invitation to you to come to St Louis, MO for the
      44rd annual Central States VHF society's annual conference.  If you have any
      interest in the VHF and UHF weak signal activities, this gathering is for
      you.  This year the conference is being held at the Doubletree Hotel St
      Louis at Westport, near I-270 and MO 364, on the dates of July 22 through
      the 25th.

      The conference starts with registration on Thursday (7/22) evening, with a
      social gathering, and registration extends through Friday, July 23, with
      antenna measuring, preamp measuring and talks/seminars also scheduled
      throughout the day.  On Saturday, the seminars continue, and a banquet and
      prize drawing are featured that night.  Other features include a dealer
      display, of VHF/UHF goodies, flea market, family program with tours of many
      attractions in and around St Louis, rover and antenna displays, and lots of
      socializing with familiar voices, which allows you to meet many of those
      with whom you have been QSOing with.

      Much more detailed information on the 44th conference can be found at the
      website; http://www.csvhfs.org, including links to the hotel for those who
      plan to stay the duration, and a link to an online registration page for
      conference registration.  Many in the St Louis area may opt just to attend
      for the day on Saturday, but come and join us for the entire weekend if you
      can.

      For more information, you can contact me here, at the address in the header,
      or please send an email to Ron Ochu, KO0Z, the conference host.  He can be
      reached at ko0Z{at}arrl.net

      Thanks for considering, hope to see you in St Louis!

      Ken Boston W9GA
      Promotions; Central States VHF society