Brad King

  • Tom VanderMel KB8VEE
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27 11:00 AM

      All Please pass on to all. To keep up with Brad King N8PFC this is the website. http://www.carepages.com/  Do a search under Bradley King and make a log in. I will try to keep people informed. Tom VanderMel KB8VEE

      Brad was involved in a massive motorcycle accident on June 22, 2010, 10 miles from his destination in Batesville, IN, where he was heading to a casket company conference. He was riding with other funeral directors, and was not alone! He was rounding a curve to the right and collided with a utility truck. Brad has suffered a left arm injury, requiring screws and plates. He has broken ribs, a collapsed lung on the left side. His biggest tragedy is that of a left leg amputation above the knee. Surgeons tried to save the left knee, however, due to damage to the femur and knee, they were unsuccessful-therefore, the amputation is above the knee. As of today, June 26th, he will be undergoing back surgery for a fracture that was found in CT scan images. The surgery is scheduled for sometime Sunday, but we do not know a definite time as of now. Prayers and lots of them are greatly always needed! Any contributions that can be made to Rita and family may be sent to the Marriott Kingsgate Center in Cincinnati, Ohio at 151 Goodman Dr. Cincinnati, OH 45219. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ADDRESS ALL MAILING IN CARE OF BRADLEY KING-ALL THINGS ARE GOING THROUGH MY BROTHER! Brad has been there for many people in many different situations! He was at a point in his life where he was happy with the funeral home being changed to our name, his motorcycle, and most recently, his successful bariatric surgery in March 2010. We are with him every step of the way, as is anyone else that we know and that Brad has ever come in contact with! He has always offered support and compassion to each person throughout life and will continue to do so! He loves his family and strives to do whatever he can to meet their needs! He cares for us and we care about him, and as his grandson, Noah would say, "we love him to the moon and back!"