2010 MS150 - WEST MICHIGAN HAMS NEEDED

  • Megan Heyl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2010
    Dear fellow amateur radio operators,
    I was contacted a few days ago by the head coordinator for the MS150
    bike ride / West Michigan Sector, Fred Moses W8FSM.
    After a lengthy conversation, I was asked to put out a "all hands on
    deck" for this weekend's event.

    Due to a lack of communication and some incorrect information being
    passed around about the use of NEXTEL phones instead of amateur radio
    personnel, there are several rest stop areas that need to be covered
    by amateurs with radios that can hit the Holland HARC 147.060 repeater
    from as far south as South Haven on day one (Saturday) , to as far
    north as Grand Haven on day two (Sunday).

    Fred already has filled all the SAG vehicles, that are coming from the
    Detroit area, with hams from the Detroit Area. (Next year he will be
    calling upon all the local area hams and ham clubs to help with all of
    the positions.)

    PLEASE GIVE A PORTION OF YOUR TIME THIS WEEKEND TO HELP THE MS150
    EVENT. CONTACT ME WITH YOUR ASSIGNMENT PREFERENCES (DAY AND REST
    STOP) AND LET ME KNOW NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY EVENING. I WILL BE
    CONTACTING FRED TOMORROW NIGHT WITH THE LIST OF VOLUNTEERS. HE WILL
    SEND THOSE WHO VOLUNTEER INFORMATION IMMEDIATELY.

    I have attached maps and listing of the rest stops where we need help.
    Rest stop #1 on Saturday ( Spectators) and Rest stop #7 on Sunday
    (Hunt) are filled.
    We need 12 more volunteers to fill the other 12 rest stops. Please
    let me know of your selection.

    Thank you very much - we know that next year, the info and sign ups
    will be done earlier in the year - no more last minute scramble for
    hams. If you have any questions, please contact me at:
    Megan Heyl WO0MEG 616-399-6131 or jester1380@...