No Field Day Sites in Western Michigan

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
      The ARRL is trying to collect information on their web site at

      http://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator

      There are zero Field Day stations located in Grand Rapids, Muskegon,
      Holland, and the surrounding cities.

      From this, I assume that no one will be going out on Field Day, June
      26, 2010.

      Oh, well, I guess ham radio is dead in this part of the State.

      73 de n8xx Hg
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
        I thought Holland ARC was having a field day...

        And... Why don't you organize one for GR ? I will help you.

        But I doubt the lack of a Field Day event in GR means ham
        radio is dead in SW Michigan. And the fact it is not listed
        on the ARRL site, does not mean it is not happening.

        ======================== K8JHRr =======================

      • kc8pcj@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
          Look up K8WNJ we will be located at Grose Park on Crockery Lake. Right in the middle of Muskegon. Kent and Ottawa counties.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
            Hello,
            Holland Is having a field day, ARRL does know this...
            Not sure if there is a glitch in their info / site..
            But Holland has been on that calendar since January.
            Megan Heyl
            WO0MEG
            President Holland Amateur Radio Club

          • jimk8cop@afo.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
              Zack,

              As the post says....The ARRL is trying to collect infromation for their web
              site so everyone knows where the FD sites are at. The local information
              has to be submitted to them on their web site. I think it is your
              personnel feelings that the ARRL is a stupid organization. If it was, why
              would it be around as long as it has been, and supported by Ham Radio
              Operators?

              73's

              Jim, K8COP

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
                When I look I see W8CSO and K8WNJ.
                .

              • bking63055@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
                  Why would you Belong to something you view as stupid If you belong to a club you would know where sites are I think this has seen enough traffic let's move to more intelligent inquiries and conversations

                  From: Zachary Lassiter <zach@...>
                  Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 12:34:49 -0400
                  To: <WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com>

                  Actually the ARRL is supported by Icom in exchange for pushing stupid technologies such as DStar and making QST into a catalog that you have to pay for

                  Exchange - http://link. mail2web. com/Personal/ EnhancedEmail

                • k8mhz28@gmail.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 3, 2010
                    Agreed.  The post bashing the ARRL was NOT appropriate.

                    Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 04:05