Re: [WestMichiganHams] Extreme Ham Radio Operators

  • George [ham] VerDuin
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2010
      Where do you find this stuff Steve?

      On 05/03/2010 08:49 AM, Steve Vanderhill wrote:

        I have known for a long time that some Ham Radio Operators sometimes
      Go overboard in acquiring equipment, but this is really off the wall.

      "Off the wall" is such an understatement -- are you British?

      If this is stuff is "ON" while driving, it is a hazard to everyone else -- some states even give tickets for just texting.
      If this stuff is "ON" while parked, engine exhaust is a hazard to the ham.
      It would be hazardous if an air bag deployed -- if it has one.
      Clearly this is an attempt at Ripley's.

      Now this project is only half done -- where are the back seat pictures?
      There is real opportunity here to double the amount of ham gear.
      Unless taking a nap in the car is a priority for the back seat operator.

      Nobody would pay $500 for the car -- too many holes all over.
      If the antenna farm is ever removed it will rain inside the car.
      It may drip even now...

      I'm not sure I know any hams with this much duplication of stuff in their basement.
      This guy takes his stuff to hamfest with no setup or takedown
             -- Just park & ready for show-n-tell.
      It just takes a screwdriver & pliars for delivery after sale.
      Brilliant!

      Thanks Steve for the heads-up.
      Skip