144.240 SSB long-range net *ON* tonight + 222 MHz Sprint Report

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21 8:23 AM
      Tonight's 144.240 long-range net is *ON* at 0000Z, from
      EN54cl, with WB9LYH as net control. Many of us are now
      enjoying the new IARU Region 2 chat room at on4kst.com.
      We use the room to promote and coordinate more 144 activity
      in a wide area surrounding the Midwest, on various frequencies.
      I'm on 144.250 at 0130, and this is mostly a S WI and ILL
      net nowadays. If you want me to look your way after 0200,
      let me know via that chat page.

      You do not have to follow the net to enjoy the increased
      activity. Nor join in the chat. Many do not, and that's OK.
      But activity is definitely increasing, so enjoy the benefits when
      you can. There are way more V/UHF'ers out there than I
      ever would have imagined. The challenge is getting them on
      the air more often. Please spread the word, and make an
      effort to get some newcomers involved with weak-signal.
      With summer right around the corner, the timing is perfect.

      In the 222 Sprint last night --
      Activity in ILL and S WI was strong again -- esp. in ILL.
      Propagation was poor, but the turnout more than made up for it.
      My 222 sprint log is available at http://kc9bqa.com/?p=2474
      In fact, the 144 sprint log is also at www.kc9bqa.com -- scroll
      down the main page a bit.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates
      www.wivuch.com WI VHF/UHF County Hunters Award
      (yes, out-of-state and VE hams are welcome to earn an award)