Muskegon Summer Celebration

  • Doc S
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2010
      MUSKEGON SUMMER CELEBRATION

      Amateur radio operators are needed to provide communications for Red Cross First Operations at the Muskegon Summer Celebration.

      Shifts are from 4:30pm until 10:30pm. Shift briefing will be at 4:45pm at the First Aid Station. We need four operators each night to team up with four First Responders. The radio operator and first aid provider will form a First Aid team and they will be assigned a coverage area. We will also need one person to do Net Control. The NCS will be located in or next to the First Aid Station. The NCS may need to bring their own field station. Last year we did run NCS with just a handheld a few times and that did work too. The other radio operators will need an HT, spare battery, ear piece and if you have a set of shooters muffs you may want them as it is very loud in the concert area.

      Here are the dates
      Wednesday June 23 through Sunday July 4th.

      To sign up please send me an email with your name, callsign, and what day or days you would like to work. From those that sign up I will select a NCS and Secondary NCS.
      Send it to dstlead at arcmon.org

      Further information will be provided to those that sign up.

      Best Regards,
      Rich "Doc" Strait, AC8AL
      Volunteer Disaster Services Technology Lead
      Red Cross serving Muskegon, Oceana and Newaygo counties.
      MCECS – AEC for the Red Cross