GRARA Meeting - Friday, March 5, 7 p.m.

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3 1:15 PM
      Ever wonder why hams are sometimes equated with those in the local funny
      farm? Well, consider the following topic, which will be presented at
      the upcoming meeting of the Grand Rapids ARA
      :*
      Contesting in the snow* - Hank, N8XX will give a short summary of
      "Contesting the the snow", otherwise known as "Freeze Your B.... Off",
      in which four hearty souls participated on February 6 at a farm south of
      Saranac. KD8CWP, KD8HNF, KA5S and N8XX operated 2 transmitters in the
      cold - it was 16°F when we arrived, never got above freezing... Why do
      ham do such strange things? Come to the meeting and see. Hank will
      finish with a short description of the ARRL SSB DX contests which starts
      at the same time as our meeting, and which we'll fire up W8DC for anyone
      and everyone who wishes to try his/her hand at some DX contesting. Be
      sure that this will NOT be a knock down, drag out contest effort - any
      and all are cordially invited to operate.

      Meetings are held at the Red Cross building, 1050 Fuller Ave NE, Grand
      Rapids, MI 49503 which is just south of Leonard Street. Time is 6:30
      gathering for coffee and snacks, 7:00 p.m. for meeting and, this time,
      approximately 8 p.m. for QSY to W8DC radio room across the hall to
      partake of the ARRL Phone DX contest.

      All are welcome - pleas pass the word.

      73 de n8xx Hg