Michigan's Proposed Tower Law - PRB-1 - A Call For Your Action

  • n8xxham
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2010

      Fellow Michigan Hams:

      Here's a message from Len Todd, N8AGS, MPTL Project Manager.
      N8AGS@...

      I'll add my endorsement to Len's for you to please send your letter of support for this bill.

      73 de n8xx Hg
      Assistant Director, Great Lakes Division, ARRL

      First off, I personally thank all of you who have already contacted your legislative repsresentatives!

      Current Status of HB # 5556

      The Michigan Proposed Tower Law (previously referred to as the Michigan Emergency Communications Preservation Act — PRB-1) is currently in Michigan's House of Representatives' Committee on Intergovernmental and Regional Affairs. Rep­resentative Lindberg, the Bill's original Sponsor, is asking the Committee Chairperson to move on the Bill. This is the normal practice to get the Committee to function on a bill. Once a bill is accepted or modified and accepted by the Committee, it moves to the House Floor for discussion and/or vote. The Bill can also be rejected by the Committee. Once on the House Floor, if there are enough supporting Rep­resenta­tives, the bill passes the floor vote.

      Now is the time to write, call and/or personally contact the members of the Michigan Intergovernmental and Regional Affairs Committee.

      Here are the quick & dirty steps to contact our Committee Members:

      Step 1:      Review the below linked draft Bill.

      Step 2:      Open a new email window.

      Step 3:      Cut and paste the below e-mail address list into the To: address line.

      Step 4:      Fill in Subject: Line with: "Please Support and Act on HB # 5556".

      Step 5:      Cut and paste the below message text to the message box. Tailor the letter to your words as you see fit.

      Step 6:      Send the e-mail.

      A copy of the Draft Bill can be found at
      http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2009-HB-5556

      The below is an email address list of Intergovernmental and Re­gional Affairs Committee Members. It can be cut and pasted into an e-mail's TO: addressing line.

      MarieDonigan@...;  VickiBarnett@...; TimBledsoe@...; HaroldHaugh@...; RobertJones@...;  DebKennedy@...; ColemanAYoungII@...;  PeteLund@...; CindyDenby@...; ArlanBMeekhof@...;  WayneSchmidt@...;

      The below is sample text for an E-Mail to our Committee Members. It can be cut and pasted to your new email and edited as you desire. Please add you signature, name & address and phone # where indicated in the Red font, below.

      … Start of sample text

      To: Members of the Committee on Intergovernmental & Regional Affairs

      As you know HB #5556 has been referred to your Committee.  I urge each of you to give this legislation the attention it de­serves.  Amateur Radio Operators provide invaluable assistance to the citizens of the State of Michigan and Emergency Preparedness Organizations we serve.

      It is important that you take steps to move House Bill # 5556 through Committee and as­sure a vote on the House Floor on a timely basis.  I solicit your support and action on this Bill.

      Warmest regards,

      Add your Signature here
      Add your Name
      Add your Address here
      Add your Telephone number here
      =====================
      … End of sample text.

      It is critical that you now take the time to con­tact our Intergovernmental and Regional Affairs Committee Members and ask them to support House Bill # 5556!

      Thanks for taking your time to do this!.

      Len Todd, N8AGS
      MPTL Project Manager
      N8AGS@...

    • n8xxham
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2010
        Sorry about that, the list of recipients for the suggested e-mail was truncated because of the conventions of yahoo groups. The list, which should get through is as follows:

        Replace all the " <at> " with @

        Thanks for your support

        73 de n8xx Hg