144 MHz SSB nets *ON* from WI Wed. night

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2010
      Your friendly weekly reminder is up at http://kc9bqa.com/?p=1780

      All are welcome to the Wed. night nets -- only purpose is to stir up more activity on VHF. If you don't hear something from us, feel free to call CQ on your own down on 144.230 or lower. Chances are someone else is listening on Wed. nights. 144.200 is the call frequency so try that, too, at any time.
      Make sure to check out the Hepburn Tropo Forecast maps, because they show predicted enhancement for tomorrow night. You can go weeks at a time during winter with flat black maps, so any degree of blue is at least helpful. http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo.html

      Hope some of you will try the ARRL Jan VHF Sweepstakes on the 23-24th. Any questions, look thru tutorials on my website entitled VHF Contesting School. I wrote these up, and they're aimed at beginners. Feel free to pass them around. They are thorough, because I want you to feel comfortable with trying something new and exciting with your license.
      3 of the VHF Contesting School articles are dated Jan. 6th; 1 is Jan. 7th; 1 is Jan. 9th; and the final 3 are Jan. 10th. If you think you might have an interest someday, bookmark them and study when you have the time.

      There will be significant contest activity from MI, WI and ILL. I'm sure of that. Mind you, significant on V/UHF is far less busy than an HF contest, so tune in with an open mind and call CQ Contest so folks know you're out there. You don't want 10 folks all listening and nobody calling. Then 10 folks will say, "see, nobody's on!"

      Comments or questions, feel free to email.
      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      http://www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates
    • kc9bqa
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2010
        Suspect 95% of you know the drill by now, but in case you want more info about the Wed. SSB nets, read this post on my website. http://kc9bqa.com/?p=1780

        Randy KC9KPV will be taking the 146.43 FM simplex net on Thur. night, starting at 9pm. W MI hams may hear KC9KPV, he's on the NW side of Milwaukee with a good signal. All are welcome to listen along or say hello. Only purpose is to promote more activity on lightly-used portions of 2m.