FM 2 Meter Simplex Contest

  • NA8M
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2010
      FM Simplex Contest
      Sponsored by the
      Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council
      Sunday, February 7, 2010
      &
      Wednesday, February 10, 2010

      The purpose of this contest is to encourage amateurs to learn the basics of contesting, simplex operations, and expand the scope of their VHF operating techniques beyond those needed for repeater operation. This is a fun event that everyone will enjoy. This would be a stepping-stone toward earning your "Worked All MAARC Members" certificate.

      The rules for this contest are found on the W8ZHO web site.

      Visit: http://w8zho.n8ppq.net/Default.aspx

      The invitation and rules are found under "Upcoming Contests" and in the paragraph below, "FM Simplex Contesting and the WAM Award!"

      Everyone can enjoy this contest that is merely and conveniently centered around Muskegon. There are no geographic constraints.

      We wish you all well. Drop me an email with any questions.

      Bill, NA8M
      Vice Pres, MAARC