146.43 FM simplex net from WI *ON* tonight -- 9pm eastern

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2010
      Looks like we'll be talking about the weather tonight on the
      FM simplex net. Been snowing here in southern Sheboygan Co. WI for several hours and we have an inch at 7:30am your time. They're calling for 6-10" by this time tomorrow.

      I run this simplex net as an individual. Been doing it for a year and a half, and I promote heavily via email to many groups. It takes a lot of reminders to ensure a decent turnout every week. I thank you folks for putting up with my traffic on your list.

      Some of you in W MI may hear us, and you're always welcome to listen along or say hello. We usually have a guy or two with a vertical beam who can swing your way if we hear a light signal. DX'ing is a wonderful part of ham radio and we want to expand your horizon, as it relates to VHF. DX involves light signals, so turn the squelch down and see if you hear anything tonight.

      This is a ragchew net, no agenda or formal procedures. Just here to have fun, and increase activity. Stop by when you're able.

      I am omni-only on FM, with a Diamond dual-bander up 90' from a good QTH. Run about 140-150W. I'll be curious to hear how the snow affects propagation tonight.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      http://www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates