Re: [WestMichiganHams] Re: 12v

  • KC8PCJ
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 20, 2006
      Use a relay with a drop out voaltge at around 11.5V. that will switch to the
      set of batteries. I have found that some 24Vdc relay will drop out close to
      that. You could also set up a relay system that would put the batteries in
      parallel and have them attached to a 12V float charger. When AC Power fails,
      The charger could be dropped from the system, the batteries put into seires
      for 19VDC and us a regulator to drop the power back down to 13.8VDC. I will
      look on the web, I know there is a voltage regulator circiut on the web that
      will drop 24VDC to 13.8VDC at 35 AMPS. I fond it.
      www.mitedu.freeserve.co.uk/Circuits/Power/1230psu.htm
      Sound like a fun project and a good idea. I will get my pendil out and see
      about putting togeather a circuit drawing. I my self use 3 deep cycle
      batteries in parallel but do not have a switcing circiut. I use them for all
      operations and when the voltage drops to about 11.5V. (when radio has a
      problem) I manualy switch to a power supply and charge the batteries.
      There are many other projects on the web site.

      73s KC8PCJ