Re: [WestMichiganHams] Re: New Yeasu Radio pricing FTM-350R

  • Jason Blakley
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 19, 2009
      The big difference between the 847 and the FTM-350 and the Kenwood is
      that the 847 uses a segmented LCD display. It's got a blue backlight,
      but the individual segments in the display are more of a true LCD dark
      grey. The other little radio with the blue display from Yaesu, the
      FTM-10R looks almost like Vacuum Fluorescent, or true LED display. More
      like an alarm clock.

      With the V7A the display is a full blown dot-matrix design and instead
      of a true grey LCD, the individual pixels are almost the same color blue
      as the backlight (honestly, they look almost white). It's hard to
      describe without looking at the two side by side. I've seen the display
      on your 847 and it's not very hard on the eyes at all. The Kenwood was
      very poorly designed. There simply isn't enough contrast.

      I did do further looking and found that the 350 is able to change
      display colors. I guess I'd just have to see it myself.

      --
      Jason
      KI4VUO