skywarn recognition day

  • jtlr.fischer@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2009
      SKYWARN Recognition Day Set for December 5 (Nov 17, 2009) -- The 11th Annual SKYWARN Recognition Day (SRD) Special Event will take place Saturday, December 5, 2009. SRD is co-sponsored by the ARRL and the National Weather Service (NWS) as a way to recognize the commitment made by Amateur Radio operators in helping to keep their communities safe. According to SRD Coordinator David Floyd, N5DBZ, Amateur Radio operators can visit their local participating NWS office, working as a team to contact other hams across the world throughout the 24 hour event.
      Full Story
    • J Lists
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2009

        While I hate to be the bearer of bad news.   I talked to the NWS Team last week about SRD.  There is some remodeling going on they decided to not participate at the GRR NWS this year.

        This of course does not stop people from operating at home or at club stations to try and make as many NWS contacts as possible.