Going Postal

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2009
      In light of the Ft. Hood debaucher, one of the hams on QRZ brought up a story from the past.

      It seems that one Patrick Sherill, N5PS, was the first of the post office workers to go on a killing spree.

      Interesting to know that the phrase 'going postal' was coined after a rash of incidents with first one being a ham.  I don't see Patrick Sherill's name on any 'famous ham' lists.

    • ke8fo
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2009
        Maybe N5PS would be under "INfamous."

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2009
          So nobody noticed the suffix, PS.....Postal Service???  Just think if he was a 4 lander.  Not 4 Postal Service.

          The call now belongs to a guy in MS.  I wonder if he knows the history of the call.

          As far as 'infamous', I wonder if anyone has put together a list of infamous hams.