Re: Michigan PRB-1 is now Michigan House Bill 5556

  • n8xxham
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2009

      When I wrote the original note, I didn't know how to find the exact bill.  Dale Williams, our Section Manager, gave me this link, and instructions on how to use it:

      Go to this website  http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28lo0zmois0rbpli55fawxbd3l%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=home    and enter the bill number (5556) in the upper left window.  This site will also allow you to track the bill's progress.

      I read the bill as restricting local governments from writing zoning regulations contrary to the Federal PRB-1, and requiring reasonable accommodation for amateur radio towers.  It seems not to apply to Codes, Covenants, and Restrictions (CC&R's) written into private contracts.

      The surprizing part is that it is two pages!  Not 1900 pages as some recent federal bills!

      73 de n8xx Hg