144 MHz SSB nets *ON* tonight -- 2 options, all times eastern

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2009
      There are 2 options:
      1) WB9LYH starts up on 144.240 at 8:15pm. His QTH is in EN54, middle of WI. He has huge range and is working into St. Louis, Kansas City, Cleveland and Indianapolis with his station. He'll start pointing toward MI after 9pm, most likely. It depends on how busy he is in other directions.
      He starts out looking south thru WI and ILL, and he then swings to his SW, W, NW, N, NE, E and SE.

      2) I am on 144.250 at 9:30pm. I took both nets last week, and had
      44 total check-ins, so weak-signal V/UHF is alive and well. I tend
      to look toward MI after 10pm. I follow the same pattern with my yagi as WB9LYH does.

      Follow along with the nets in a real-time chat room. It's at
      www.on4kst.com. I will be there updating everyone about who we are pointing and who we are hearing.

      Don't know if I've ever shared this VHF website with the group, but it's a good one. Full of graphics, and audio/video files of good DX on V/UHF. It's at www.kcvhfgridbandits.com You could spend hours there.

      Oh yes... here's your early heads-up that we may experience enhanced propagation between Thursday and next Monday. The Hepburn Tropo Ducting Forecast http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo.html look
      very promising, especially starting this weekend. Those forecasts
      are updated about 1pm every day.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      http://www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates