Re: [WestMichiganHams] 2m FM'ers wanted on 146.43 tonight @ 8:30pm eastern, sharp.

  • rghath7@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2009
      Heard one short xmission from  KC9BQA  almost full quieting and several xmissions of ~ there's a sig there but can't read the audio. My 11 element beam (up 22 ft.) is pointed right at him with 100 watts - made several calls with no return until almost 9pm.
      W8KID  Dick in Whitehall MI
      8-)  PS Did make contact (50%) about 4-5 weeks ago.

      From: kc9bqa <sprinkies@excel. net>
      To: WestMichiganHams@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 5:47 PM

      Hello,

      If you have time tonight, look toward just NW of Milwaukee and see if you can hear KC9KPV Randy as he beams across Lk. MI, looking for MI stations.

      He'll be on 146.43 FM, with a vertical yagi up high. He will start out looking into Cent. Lower MI at 8:30pm eastern. Catch him before he points toward Indiana and then Illinois.

      He will also call our regular FM net at 9:00pm, taking check-ins from anywhere. We get good participation with this net, and all are welcome to say listen along or say hello. We encourage light signals and enjoy hearing from a wide area.

      The SSB nets last night were amazing. Had 44 check-ins across a multi-state area. I was swamped, and I loved it. Had a number of MI check-ins, including some new ones. The word is spreading.

      I will try to post a net report to my website in the next few hours. I list everyone who checked in, so you can get a sense of what's possible on SSB, with horizontally polarized loops or yagis.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63 40 N of Milwaukee
      http://www.kc9bqa. com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates