Re: Family of Amateur Radio Operator Killed during Antenna Raising

  • heavyfistcharlie24
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
      Father, mother, and son, were electrocuted in Palm Bay, Florida on October 12, 2009, when the antenna they were raising fell into high voltage power lines. Here is the news video:
      http://www.wftv.com/video/21280582/index.html

      - Scott KD8FXF -

      -------------------------

      --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, Hank Greeb <n8xx@...> wrote:

      > A sobering reminder to NOT try installing an antenna near a HV power line.
      >
      > http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/118678.html
      >
      > The article is sketchy, more details will probably be forthcoming.
      >
      > 73 de n8xx Hg

    • heavyfistcharlie24
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
        Here's further detailed info on this tragedy.

        http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/articles_n42/antenna-palm-power.html

        - Scott KD8FXF -

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
          Here is a better story, I hope the link works

          A sobering reminder to NOT try installing an antenna near a HV power line.

          http://www.timesoft heinternet. com/118678. html

          The article is sketchy, more details will probably be forthcoming.

          73 de n8xx Hg

          Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
          Checked by AVG.