Family of Amateur Radio Operator Killed during Antenna Raising

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
      A sobering reminder to NOT try installing an antenna near a HV power line.

      http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/118678.html

      The article is sketchy, more details will probably be forthcoming.

      73 de n8xx Hg
    • heavyfistcharlie24
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
        Father, mother, and son, were electrocuted in Palm Bay, Florida on October 12, 2009, when the antenna they were raising fell into high voltage power lines. Here is the news video:
        http://www.wftv.com/video/21280582/index.html

        - Scott KD8FXF -

        -------------------------

        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, Hank Greeb <n8xx@...> wrote:

        > A sobering reminder to NOT try installing an antenna near a HV power line.
        >
        > http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/118678.html
        >
        > The article is sketchy, more details will probably be forthcoming.
        >
        > 73 de n8xx Hg

      • heavyfistcharlie24
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
          Here's further detailed info on this tragedy.

          http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/articles_n42/antenna-palm-power.html

          - Scott KD8FXF -

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
            Here is a better story, I hope the link works

            A sobering reminder to NOT try installing an antenna near a HV power line.

            http://www.timesoft heinternet. com/118678. html

            The article is sketchy, more details will probably be forthcoming.

            73 de n8xx Hg

            Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
            Checked by AVG.