KCSAR Training

  • w8jrm
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2009
      Training announcement being posted at the request of Jeff Nawrot N8JSN the EC of Kent County.

      Please pass this on to your members. We have 10 slots open at this point.

      Please note: The flyer is has the wrong start time on Saturday. We will be
      starting at 11AM instead of Noon.

      KENT COUNTY SEARCH AND RESCUE:
      GROUND SEARCH AND RESCUE TRAINING
      Ground Search and Rescue Operations
      Friday October 16th, 2009 1700-2200 (KCSD 701 Ball)
      Saturday October 17th, 2009 11AM -2200 (TBA)
      Sunday October 18th, 2009 0900-1600ish (TBA) **(Times are subject to change with
      instructor availability)**
      Cost: $35.00 per Person – Checks Payable to KCEST
      Topics Include:
      Search Equipment
      Search Techniques
      Night Search Techniques
      Course Meets or Exceeds NFPA & NIMS requirements for Wilderness SAR
      Pre Requisite Search and Rescue Operations Awareness Lecture
      Incident Command System (FEMA IS-100 & IS-200 or MI UIC)
      Dinner on Saturday included in cost (Oct 17th)
      Location:
      Kent County Sheriffs Department EOC Room
      701 Ball Ave NE 49503
      www.kcraces.net/kcsd - Google Map to location
      Lodging Information:
      If you need it, please contact for list of local hotels
      ** You will need to attend all days/times for certification
      ** There will be a limit of 30 participants in the GSAR operations training
      ** Must be in reasonably good physical shape for field operations part
      RSVP www.kentcountysar.org/opsclass
      Questions email jnawrot~at~kentcountysar.org